Hazrat Makhdum Sabir Kalyari
Dargah Kaliyar Sharif, urs Sabir Pak,
Kaliyar Sharif urs, Sabir Pak
Sabir Kalyariís datum name is Hazrat Makhdum Alla-ud-Din Ali Ahmed
Sabir (Rehmatullah Aliah). He is the founder of Silsila Chishtia
Sabria. His mausoleum is at the south banks of River Ganga six
kilometer from the province of Anchal Pardesh. His fatherís name is
Abdur Raheem Abdus Salam (R.A) and grandfather was Shah Saif-ud-Din
Abdul Wahab (Rehamtullah Aliah); who was the son of Ghaus-ul-Saqlain
Honourable Syed Abdul Qadir Jillani Mehboob-e-Subhani
Karim-ul-Tarfain Hasni-o-Hussaini (Rehamatullah Aliah). So this
makes Hazrat Sabir Pak (Rehmatullah Aliah) the descendent of Hazrat
Imam Hassan and Hazrat Imam Hussain (Aliahías Salamain).
prophecies were told to the family before his (R.A.) birth. His
motherís family tree connects her to Hazrat Umer Farooq (Raziullah-o-Tahala
Anho). His mother was the sister of Hazrat Baba Fareed-ud-Din Ganj
Shakar (Rehmatullah Aliah) of Pak Pattan Sharif. Hazrat Sabir Pak (Rehmatullah
Aliah) was born on 19 Rabi-ul-Awal 592 Hijri in the city of Herat,
Afghanistan. While he was growing up many of his celestial qualities
were revealed. His father died when he was a small child so faced
poverty. Then his mother took him to her brother Hazrat Baba
Fareed-ud-Din of Pak Pattan. There he took pledge at the hands of
Baba Ji and was responsible for distributing food (alms). His mother
went back to Herat and left him under Baba Jiís supervision.
Hazrat Sabir Pak used to distribute food to all the followers and
attendants but never partook a morsel of food and this went on for
twelve years. When his mother visited him after twelve years; found
him weak and thin, complaint it to her brother. At Baba Jiís inquiry
he replied with respect that he was told to serve the food only and
not to eat it too. Baba Fareed embraced him and gave him the title
of Sabir. During his stay, He completed his physical and spiritual
education. During this time period many un-phenomenal incidents took
At last Hazrat Baba Ji bestowed Ali Ahmed Sabir Kalyari with
Khilafat and sent him to the Raja of Kalyar. Raja and his aide met
When they became rude to Sabir Pak. There used to be a fig tree at
the very place, where now his tomb stands. He had stayed at this
place, because of his anger and wrath for nine years a fire burnt
all around him, nothing was alive till twelve miles. Hazrat Sabir
Sarkar stood by holding a branch of the tree and his only food was
his prayers. Honourable Hafiz Shams-ud-Din Turk Pani Patti (R.A) was
sent by Baba Fareed-ud-Din with special instruction who succeeded in
convincing Sabir Sarkar to sit and fire was extinguished. After a
long period Hafiz Shams-ud-Din completed his spiritual education
from Sabir Sarkar.
Then Sabir Pak
sent Hafiz Shams to join the army of Muhammad Ghauri and captured
the fort of Aameer. When Hafiz Shams returned Hazrat Sabir Sarkar
had already given instructions for his burial, and was done in the
way it was instructed even the mystics of this world and after
attending the burial ceremony at that time a horse rider came, who
was covered from head to toe, who also explained the matter of life
and death. His body was kept between two big stones as instructed by
Hazrat Abdul Qadir Jillani. Honourable Aleemullah Abdal and Hafiz
Shams-ud-Din settled in Pani Pat after a long journey. Silsila
Sabria started flourishing but still no one was able to go in to the
burnet place of twelve miles, got burnt and died.
Abdal was able to go to Sabir Sarkar. Approximately after three
hundred (300) years Hazrat Qutab-e-Alam Shah Abdul Qudoos Gangohi
begged and requested a visit to Kalyar Pak; which was granted. He
and his companion khalifas were very fortunate, who once again
bathed and cloaked him again to place his body at the present place
of burial between the stones and then later on a tomb was
constructed. For long still no one was able to go to visit the tomb.
The wrath of this mystic calmed down and love started pouring out.
Then people started visiting and thus Sabri Silsila Treeqat started
spreading in the whole world. Nowadays people come from all over the
world to attend the festivities of Sabir Pakís birthday, which
starts from First Rabi-ul-Awal and ends at the end of the month.
Important Dargahs of Chishty Sufis in Indian sub-continent :
1. Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishty, Ajmer Sharif.
2. Hazrat Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki, Delhi (Mehroli).
3. Hazrat Baba Fariduddin Masood Ganj-e-Shakar, Pak Pattan Sharif,
4. Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya , Delhi.
5. Hazrat Alauddin Sabir Kalyari, Kalyar Distt. Rurki (Uttaranchal).
6. Hazrat Nasiruddin Chiragh, Delhi
7. Hazrat Gaisu Daraz Banda Nawaz, Gulbarga Sharif (karnataka)
6. Hazrat Amir Khusru, Delhi
9. Hazrat Sufi Hamiduddin Suwali, Nagaur (Rajasthan).
10. Hazrat Khwaja Fakhruddin Chishty, Sarwar Sharif, Ajmer.
11. Hazrat Hisamuddin Jigar Sokhta, Sanbhar Lake (Rajasthan).
12. Hazrat Jamaluddin Hanswi, Hansi (Hariyana).
13. Hazrat Jahangir Ashraf Samnani, Kachocha Sharif (U.P.).
14. Hazrat Waris Ali Shah Dewa Sharif (UP)
15. Hazrat Shah Sarang Machgaon, Bara Banki.
16. Hazrat Shah Meena, Lucknow (U.P.).
17. Hazrat Bu Ali Shah Kalander, Panipat (Hariyana).
18. Hazrat Shamsuddin Turk, Panipat (Hariyana).
19. Hazrat Jalaluddin Kabirul Auliya.
20. Hazrat Syed Abdur Razzaque Bansa Sharif, Bara Banki.
21. Hazrat Makhdoom Abdul Haque, Rudoli Sharif, Bara Banki.
22. Hazrat Abdul Quddus Gangohi, Gangoh (Saharanpur)
Chishti Sufi Stages of Love